Teaching and Learning
The overall aim at Willows Academy is to have a learning community which promotes high expectations, a love of learning, excellent relationships and provides children with opportunities that broaden their experiences.
- to provide a safe, stimulating learning environment for all pupils and teachers;
- to enable pupils to achieve their full potential by learning in a variety of ways and through challenging learning experiences;
- to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that will motivate, engage and challenge pupils whilst also equipping them with the skills required on leaving school;
- to set high expectations for all pupils in order to raise their aspirations;
- to raise standards of both teaching and learning.
- to promote thinking skills across all areas of the curriculum
- to promote varied and appropriate teaching methods across the academy
- to ensure appropriate differentiation in delivery and expectation
- to ensure accurate assessment identifys gaps in learning and informs teachers' planning to address next steps in learning