SEND Remote Learning Provision
We are passionate about making sure all children can access remote learning, continue to make progress and receive support in line with their individual needs and targets.
Willows Academy recognise that remote learning can be difficult for all children but those children with SEN may experience more challenges. In light of this, we offer additional support for children and parents;
- A place in school is offered to all children with an EHCP
- Weekly check ins from our teachers with all children with SEN
- Additional zooms for interventions where appropriate
- The use of breakout rooms in zooms to support teaching and SEMH.
- Differentiated groupings enabling children to work on their PIVAT targets
- Regular welfare calls to families
- Screen Free Friday – a screen free afternoon enabling families to concentrate on activities that support positive mental health
In addition, we have provided families with resources to support their remote learning at home this could be, pencil grips, manipulatives to support with maths, overlays etc.
If you have any worries, concerns or questions regarding your child’s remote learning or SEN please contact our SEN team, Sarah Cox, Ruth Beckett or your child’s class teacher at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01472 328013