About the Academy
At Willows Academy we believe that every child has the potential to achieve amazing things. The children are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to provide an education that prepares our children for the future and enables them to be successful, resourceful, responsible and resilient lifelong learners.
- To create an academy where learning is enjoyable, stimulating and equips the children with the skills to become lifelong learners.
- To help children to develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds.
- To develop the children’s ability to question and problem solve.
- To broaden the children’s minds and aspirations through high quality learning experiences.
- To develop opportunities for the children to apply taught skills and enable them to lead their own learning.
- For pupils to play an active role in the life of the academy, have a shared ethos and a sense of belonging within the academy’s community.
- To help pupils understand the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and promote this within the academy.
- To have respect for and an understanding of the opinions, cultures, beliefs and lifestyle choices of others.
- For children to take responsibility for their own actions and reflect upon the choices they make and the impact these can have on themselves and others.
- To create a safe, caring environment where there is mutual respect and strong relationships between pupils, parents and staff.